Acne is a hormonal and inflammatory disease that effects all ethnicities and ages however it tends to be more common in adolescence and early adulthood mostly found on the face and upper body.
There are different grades of acne, ranging from minor breakouts with minimal pustules and papules to cysts and nodules that may spread to the back chest and shoulders with possible scarring.
Tips from our skincare pro:
- Avoid mechanical exfoliation which causes irritation. Chemical exfoliants such as salicylic acid (oil loving) will help to decongest, and enzymatic exfoliation can be calming and soothing.
- Use tepid water on inflamed skin.
- Change pillowcases frequently.
- Clean makeup brushes regularly.
Key ingredients to target:
- Peppermint – Invigorates and enhances cellular circulation.
- Salicylic – Gentle exfoliation which clears pores as well as brightens and smooths skin
- Retinol – Supports cell turnover which reduces clogged pores and acne.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Provides immediate and lasting hydration.