ACNE HEALTH SYSTEM
- Peppermint Salicylic Cleanser – 4oz
- AHA Energizing Mineral Exfoliant – 30ml
- Transdermal C Serum – 30ml
- Retinol Spot Treatment – 5ml
- Blemish Repair Complex – 90 Capsules
Truth Treatment Systems Acne System works to reduce bacterial and cellular buildup on the surface of the skin and within the pores while reducing inflammation and nourishing the skin. Salicylic Acid and Retinol work synergistically to normalize oil production, reduce existing blemishes, and prevent recurrence. Fulvic Minerals, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C and Bisabolol nourish, hydrate, and calm skin. With continued use, skin will appear calm and balanced with a marked reduction in blemishes and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
CLEANSE: Gently massage Peppermint Salicylic Cleanser™ into damp skin and rinse with tepid water. Use daily morning and night.
ENERGIZE: Using a cotton round or fingertips gently and evenly apply Energizing Exfoliator™ to face and neck. Use once daily, morning or night after cleansing. Not recommended for use at the same time as the Retinol Spot Treatment™, alternate use accordingly.
NOURISH: Apply 2 to 3 drops of Transdermal C Serum™ to damp skin morning and evening.
TREAT: Apply Retinol Spot Treatment™ to affected areas 1 to 2 times per week in the evening. May be used more often as a spot treatment as tolerated.
NUTRIATE: Support skin with Blemish Repair Complex™ daily to address blemishes internally. Take 3 capsules per day. May take with meals or on an empty stomach.
*Always avoid excessive sun exposure when using exfoliating treatments. Use a mineral-based sunblock to protect the skin.
Complementary Products to Enhance Protocol:
Notes from Ben on Acne
Supporting Lifestyle and Nutritional Protocol
As with all seemingly topical skin conditions, the root cause of acne starts inside the body. This troublesome and all too common pathology involves 3 major hormones: 1.) Cortisol – associated with stress, 2.) Insulin – linked to elevated blood sugar, and 3.) Testosterone – related to elevated blood sugar as well as puberty. The cardinal signs of this hormone-based acne include excess secretion of sticky skin oil (sebum) production and clogged pores that are the end result of excess keratin production. Eventually, colonization of skin follicles by bacteria can follow resulting in inflammation and the formation of the characteristic and dreaded acne pimples. Sometimes allergic reactions and intolerances to foods especially dairy, grains, eggs, beans (especially soy) and peanuts can cause rashy lesions independent of the clogged pores, oily skin, excessive keratin production and bacterial proliferation that are the hallmarks of ordinary hormone acne. Consider adding the following protocols to your daily routine:
1. Eliminate problem foods such as grains, flour, dairy, soy, peanuts, and other legumes.
2. Reduce sugar intake.
3. Use probiotics, multiple strains and so-called good bacteria from fermented vegetables.
4. Enjoy fresh vegetable juices (with the fiber). Select only veggies that do not create digestive distress.
5. Use digestive enzymes, pancreatin, bile salts and apple cider vinegar with all meals. Start meals off with “bitters” and bitter veggies like dandelion greens, radish, arugula and kale.
6. Use nutritional supplements featuring all 90 essential nutrients. Pay particular attention to:
• Vitamin D
• Vitamin A
• Vitamin E
• Vitamin C
• Vitamin B5 along with B-complex
7. Take advantage of the healing powers of sunshine! Don’t burn, but make sure you are exposing skin to the sun’s UVB rays regularly.